Thursday, December 9, 2010

Derivation of Vacation Lane Group and Blog

I get asked from time to time where I got the name for my nonprofit and blog! Easy. I went to Junior High School at 4100 Vacation Lane in Arlington Virginia for 7th, 8th, and 9th grade from 1954-1957. I always thought interesting to have a school built on VACATION LANE.

Then in November 1972 I bought a house on Vacation Lane in N. Arlington County, VA and lived there from time I and wife moved in until December 2003. Essentially 31 years. Both sons raised exclusively in that house.

Whenever I signed a check clerks often commented on how they wished they could live in a house on Vacation Lane many not knowing where it was. So in creating the nonprofit and blog thought I would use the name because I always liked it also. And of course I had many fond memories of that house, my family, and that location.

So now you know!