The thing the three branches of the federal government seem to be the worst at doing is determining priorities. Now again with a Presidential leadership that cannot seem to focus, will post my DHS and FEMA priorities.
1. WMD prevention, preparedness, response, recovery, mitigation.
2. Cyber Security including computer security.
3. Providing Domestic INTEL while protecting Constitutional norms and civil liberties and privacy.
1. Determining where FEMA really fits in the domestic civil chain of command for crisis management and response. When there is a Stafford Act declaration and when their is not.
2. How to increase STATE and LOCAL capabilities even as their fiscal situation gets desperate.
3. How does FEMA execute on its statutory mitigation/prevention role. Note-Prevention added to the paradigm from the 70's of preparedness, mitigation, response and recovery by the PKEMA of 2006.
Of course up to 20-30 priorities could be listed by these are my first three strikes.